TrackandTuner.com visited Bergrennen MsC Osnabruck. Our first Bergrennen event ever and we were not disappointed.
Team buldre racing was going and we decided to get over to Germany and see what Bergrennen is all about. Basically driving up the hill and max speed knowing that if you make 1 mistake you will hit the barrier.
It was a lot of fun to see the diversity of cars racing uphill. We saw some mega Turbo monster pushing over 600HP but also some very light weight VW polo or sirocco cars with N/A engines pushing about 265HP.
It is not all about power, driving skills and the handling of the car is more important. The top 10 was filled with some awesome lightweight Hillclimb monsters.
Standing next to the track seeing these cars coming up hill was great to see. Some however made some small mistakes and binned it in the corner, like the Lancia Delta Integrale with a big lock up.
It is nice seeing such a big variety of cars. We had the modern supercars like the McLaren or Porsche, the F1 cars with their screaming V8 engines and the lightweight VW, Opel or BMW cars all fighting for the win.
- VW Scirocco Mk1 16V »»» Armin Ebenhoh
- Opel Kadett C Minichberger »»» Stefan Faulhaber
- VW Golf GTi Mk1 »»» Rainer Schonborn
- BMW M3 E36 3.0 »»» Marcel Gapp
- Porsche 991 GT3 Cup »»» Loic Cordier
- Opel Kadett C Bohm »»» Lars Heisel
- Skoda Fabia R5+ »»» Karel Trneny
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX »»» Yuliyan Telyiski
- VW Scirocco Mk1 Spiess »»» Erwin Buck
- Lotus Elise V8 »»» Dan Michl
As you can see the audience is right next on the hill looking over a the road. With the great weather we had, it was a great day!
We hope to be back next year, and then maybe with even more participants and turbo monsters.